Click here to read 35 Exciting Pom Pom Activities and Crafts for Toddlers and Preschoolers on Hands On As We Grow®
Pom poms are always great for arts and crafts, but they are also awesome for sensory play and all kinds of fun learning activities.
Pom poms are an extremely versatile supplies that all of us should have in our stashes.
I always have a huge bag of them in my cupboard.
From placing them in water or ice to sorting and color matching, the possibilities are endless.
I have compiled a huge list of various activities and crafts using pom poms that your children are sure to enjoy.
Pom Pom Sensory Play
- Dump a bunch of pom poms into a container of water and you’re ready for some little fingers to dig in and have some fun.
- Add some of your child’s favourite toy trucks and cars and set up this simple Pom Pom Construction Site.
- Create a super special Pom Pom Tea Party for you and your kids.
- Freeze some pom poms in a container of water and your toddlers and preschoolers will have a blast playing with Frozen Pom Poms.
- What kid doesn’t love to play with slime? Check out this awesome Pom Pom Slime Recipe for a great sensory activity.
- Check out this super cool Musical Pom Pom Sensory Bottle! Your young ones will love making magical tunes by flipping and shaking this bottle.
- Your kids will love pretend play with this Pom Pom Ice Cream Shop. Give it a shot!
- Grab some of those famous Magnetic Tiles and some pom poms and create some endless fun!
- Who knew that Pom Poms and a Mirror could be so much fun?!
- Try some pom poms and a whisk for some sensory fine motor activity time!
Pom Pom Fine Motor Practice
- A muffin tin and some pom poms are great for some fine motor color sorting fun.
- This Pom Pom Balance Tree activity is sure to grab your child’s attention. How many can they place on the tree before it falls over?
- Your child will love playing this pom pom color matching game using clothespins.
- Believe it or not, placing pom poms in a empty plastic bottle can be so much fun for you toddlers. Plus with a little creativity you can decorate the bottle for just about any season!
- This super cute tiny pom pom balance activity is sure to please your toddlers and preschoolers.
Pom Pom Learning Activities
From number practice to letter recognition, pom poms are such an amazing tool!
- This Pom Pom Flower Garden is great number practice for any kid.
- Why not introduce your child to a venn diagram early and have them sort pom poms on a Sticky Wall.
- Grab some painters tape and pom poms and check out this Matching Game by Days with Grey.
- Do some letter practice with this super cool Apple Tree activity!
- Take out those mega bloks and have some coloring sorting fun!
- This Pom Pom Tunnel Maze is sure to grab your child’s attention.
- Do you have some stairs in your house? If so, check out these Pom Pom Learning Games on Stairs.
- Grab a big spoon and some cups to create some super fun number practice with this Pom Pom Scoop activity.
- Have some counting fun with this Ice Cream Pom Pom activity.
- Letter Tracing with Pom Poms is sure to help with letter recognition. And can quickly be turned into a name activity too!
Pom Pom Crafts and Just Plain Old Fun Activities!
- Check out this exciting Pom Pom Catapult. Great for target practice and a lot of giggles!
- Is your child a hockey lover? If so, they’ll love this Hockey Pom Pom activity.
- Ready, Aim, Blow! Blowing pom poms is so much fun!
- These super cute Pom Pom mittens are the perfect addition to a Winter Theme.
- Grab some cardboard tubes and create a Pom Pom Drop!
- Feed the Caterpillars is a great twist on the pom pom drop activity.
- Why not try painting with pom poms?!! So much fun!
- These cute Monster Bookmarks are not only great for bookmarks but also pretend play.
- Make a cute indoor arrangement using branches and pom poms.
- Oh my, look how adorable these pom pom caterpillars are!
As I’ve mentioned before, pom poms are amazing! Go out a grab a bag today!
Your kids are going to have so much fun playing and learning with Pom Poms!