Why Invest In The Best Garbage Disposal
Over the years, we have become reliant on the garbage disposal as the workhorse of our busy kitchen. John Hammes invented garbage disposal in 1927. Ever since, the garbage disposal has remained steady in its design but has expanded in use. As a result, it has become a necessary machine in pretty much every kitchen.
The garbage disposal is installed under the sink and intends to gather solid food waste in a grinding chamber. In time you turn on the garbage disposal, a spinning disc or impeller plate turns intensely, pushing the food waste against the external wall of the grinding chamber. This eventually grinds the food into small bits and subsequently washed by water via holes in the chamber wall.
Although it might seem that all garbage disposals work the same, their features, capacity, and motor power make all the difference in their performance. Thus, we have detailed all the things you need to know below to help you in your search for what is the best garbage disposal.
1. Sale Waste King L-8000 Garbage Disposal with Power Cord, 1 HP HIGH-SPEED MOTOR: The 1 HP, 2800 RPM (115v) permanent magnet motor is sound-insulated and jams less EASY INSTALLATION AND CLEANING: EZ Mount for a quick and easy kitchen sink installation, removable splashguard for easy cleaning 20 YEAR PROTECTION: 20-year Limited Warranty NO ELECTRICAL EXPERTISE NEEDED: Pre-installed power cord, no electrical work required. DURABILITY: Compact and lightweight garbage disposer with all stainless steel grind components. Check Price Below Buy on Amazon 2. InSinkErator Garbage Disposal, Badger 5XP, 3/4 HP Continuous Feed RELIABLE & EASY INSTALL: Badger Series disposers are a reliable & functional choice when affordability is the prime concern, and features a compact, space-saving design that fits existing InSinkErator hardware for a quick and easy install. DURABLE COMPONENTS: This garbage disposal features our exclusive 3/4 hp Dura-Drive Induction Motor and long lasting galvanized steel components to ensure a dependable grind for everyday food scraps. AMERICA'S #1 DISPOSER BRAND: There are more American-built InSinkErator garbage disposals in US homes than all other brands combined. A full line of models means there's one right for every need and budget. FASTER, CLEANER, SMARTER: From meal prep to cleanup, InSinkErator helps make it fast & easy to keep your kitchen clean with our iconic appliances: garbage disposals & instant hot water dispensers. A HISTORY OF INNOVATION FOR THE SINK: We invented garbage disposals in 1927, & we're the world's largest manufacturer of garbage disposals & instant hot water dispensers for home & commercial use. Check Price Below Buy on Amazon 3. Moen GX100C GX Series 1 HP Continuouse Feed Garbage Disposal, Power Cord Included PERMANENT MAGNET: Vortex motor technology quickly and powerfully grinds food scraps EASY-TO-INSTALL: Universal Xpress Mount fits Moen and most existing 3-bolt mounting assemblies PREINSTALLED POWER CORD saves installation steps and money over other models where cord must be purchased separately NOISE REDUCTION: Features SoundSHIELD, assuring exceptional noise reduction and quiet dependability COMPACT DESIGN: Lighter weight for easier installation and frees up valuable space under the sink Check Price Below Buy on Amazon 4. InSinkErator Insinkerator Excel Evolution 1 HP Garbage Disposal With Soundseal Plus Technolog, Power Cord Included Multigrind technology , with three grind stages to quickly grind virtually any food waste Soundseal technology which delivers ultra-quiet performance versus a standard disposer 40 oz Check Price Below Buy on Amazon 5. KitchenAid Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal Continuous feed allows for quick cleanup after meals Motor rotates at 1725 rpm for effective grinding Sound seal technology helps you maintain a quiet kitchen 3/4 horsepower motor Check Price Below Buy on Amazon Factors To Consider When Buying The Best Garbage Disposal
Here are a few things to consider when buying the best garbage disposal:
The size of the motor is the most significant part to consider when buying garbage disposal. In particular, the motor size of garbage disposal is evaluated in horsepower or HP. The higher the HP you have, the more powerful and efficient your disposal will be. In case you are somewhat rough at your garbage disposal, you’ll need one with a higher HP.
The grinding chamber is the place where all the tough work occurs. In case you have a garbage disposal with a smaller motor, your grinding chamber will be relatively smaller, also. Some garbage disposals have stainless steel grinding chambers, which they guarantee to remain cleaner. However, stainless steel generally breaks, so ensure you do your research shelling out cash for stainless steel.
Let’s face it; no one wants the sound of a garbage disposal. However, there are a few garbage disposals that come with sound-sealing innovation to expel the harsh crushing sound. In case you need a quieter garbage disposal, you should get one with a bigger motor.
What Is The Best Way To Clean A Garbage Disposal
Cleaning your garbage disposal can help avert and expel foul scents, and some cleaning techniques can likewise help keep the kitchen drains clear. In case the kitchen sink starts emitting awful stenches, it’s a sure sign that the garbage disposal and drains could utilize some cleaning.
Notably, garbage disposals usually do an excellent job of cleaning themselves. In detail, they successfully grind the food particles and send them down the drain, so the chamber inside the disposal stays clean.
After some time, a stinky ooze will build upon the zones that don’t get cleaned by the grinding activity of the disposal. Particularly, these include the undersides of the rubber baffle at the drain opening and the smooth, sloped territory at the highest point of the grinding chamber.
Weekly cleaning can keep the garbage disposal clean and free of stinky smells. A soapy kitchen sponge is a popular choice. Also, ice and either rock salt or vinegar are incredible for cleaning garbage disposal. The ice scratches within the grinding chamber, dislodging any buildup.
In case the disposal extremely smell rancid, or you have attempted different cleaners and still get a foul smell, you can utilize a diluted bleach solution of two parts warm water and one part bleach.
1. Waste King L-8000 Garbage Disposal with Power Cord, 1 HP
Pros: The model boasts of fast and robust motor with 1 HP, 2,800 RPM permanent magnet motor, which is sound-insulated and jams less. You’re in a treat for easy installation and cleaning with EZ mount and removable splashguard. It comes with a 20-year limited warranty. There’s no electrical work required—comes with a pre-installed power cord. Cons: It’s a bit large. You cannot unjam from outside. Sebring Tip:
The Waste King Legend Series L-8000 is a great product and would be an incredible buy. Aside from the no-exterior-unjam-mechanic thing, its cost and features are over the top catch.
In spite of the fact that the Waste King L-8000 has numerous characteristics to boast of, a couple of its best include its incredible 1 HP motor, stainless steel components, and a lifetime guarantee. In addition, the motor has a top speed of 2,800 rpm to guarantee that it pulverizes all of your waste. Also, all of the parts of the L-8000 are built from premium stainless steel and include a lifetime warranty against corrosion.
Moreover, the stainless steel frame of the Waste King provides it an appealing and streamlined look, and the Waste King’s lifetime warranty is second to none in the market. On the remote possibility that something turned out badly with your Waste King L-8000, they will replace it for free.
2. InSinkErator Garbage Disposal, Badger 5XP, 3/4 HP Continuous Feed
Pros: The single-stage grinding chamber is non-corrosive, durable, and designed to last because of its high-quality stainless steel material. Its Dura-Drive Induction Motor has ¾ HP and offers significant power to accommodate heavy loads. It features a patented mounting system that is simple and easy to install. Cons: This model is not the quietest available on the market. It doesn’t provide multiple grinding stages. Sebring Tip:
InSinkErator is a trusted maker of quality garbage disposals, and the Badger 5XP 3/4 HP Household Garbage Disposer is no exception. The “XP” represents additional power, and this unit flaunts an amazing 3/4 HP engine. Also, this is a continuous feed model, so you should simply turn it on, feed in your scraps, and let the unit take every necessary step for you. In short, there’s no need to wait. In case you are looking for inexpensive, excellent garbage disposal, why not think about what this model brings to the table?
With the Dura-Drive enlistment engine, you get more torque, which means you can process more food in less time.
On the other hand, probably the best part about the 5XP is that it has stainless steel impellers. Since the motor is so strong, it’s critical that the impellers match the quality of the machine; else, you wouldn’t get a similar degree of execution.
Meanwhile, other standard features that accompany this garbage disposal incorporate InSinkErator’s Quick-Lock mounting framework for simple installation, a huge 26-ounce grinding chamber, and insulation to help keep things quieter than expected.
As far as durability goes, the Badger 5XP accompanies a three-year limited warranty, which means that it is more dominant and more adaptable than the 5 model. Most individuals find that their Badger garbage disposals last well beyond ten years.
3. Moen GX100C GX Series 1 HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal, Power Cord Included
Pros: It has a compact design and lighter weight for streamlined installation. The product is built to last with its 7-year limited warranty and in-home service. It comes with a noise reduction feature, the SoundSHIELD. The product comes with a high-speed 2,800 RPM VORTEX permanent magnet motor in order to reduce jamming. Its Universal Xpress mount makes it easy to install. Cons: It can be noisy. You need to have a little plumbing experience or knowledge to install it. Sebring Tip:
Moen GX100C GX Series 1 HP Garbage Disposal includes an extraordinary and productive vortex power that keeps running at the pace of 2,800 RPM. In addition, it offers an incredible grinding activity with the assistance of permanent magnet that pounds all food scraps and strips of vegetables in a matter of seconds. When it comes to design, it is minimal, so you can have a lot of room under your sink. So you may put different devices and different things under your sink.
The Moen GX100C GX Series 1 HP comes with Xpress Mount system that enables you to set it up in a simple manner and there is no need to have a professional help. What do you need to set it up? You simply need to look for the twist and lock pattern and three bolts that accompany this garbage disposal. Besides, the fact that it is lightweight makes the installation easier.
This garbage disposal includes a pre-introduced installed power cord feature that enables you to work independently. Hence, saving you money and time.
4. Insinkerator Excel Evolution 1 HP Garbage Disposal With Soundseal Plus Technolog, Power Cord Included
Pros: It has patented SoundSeal technology that allows noise-free grinding. This model has a powerful 1 HP motor, which can probably handle anything you put down its chute. The DuraDrive motor is long-lasting. It features a quick-lock technology, which makes installation a breeze. Cons: It comes in a larger size than most models. Though installation may be easy, it can be challenging because of its weight. It is quite expensive. Sebring Tip:
In case the InSinkErator Evolution Excel is within your budget, then there is not a garbage disposal that will be more fulfilling to possess. After all, its performance is unrivaled, and it includes a warranty that expels your worries.
With it’s incredible and quiet motor, quality and durable structure, and simple installation, you cannot go wrong with this garbage disposal.
Though not every person needs the best garbage disposal available, you can definitely benefit from this model if you want to invest in one. Moreover, the decision makes sense if you want a machine that can deal with a huge amount of food waste. On the other hand, if you don’t push your current disposer to limit, there are more inexpensive options that work just fine.
In that case, most garbage disposal won’t have that “wow” factor when it processes your food waste. Meanwhile, the InSinkErator Evolution Excel is an exception because it is built to impress.
5. KitchenAid Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal
Pros: The continuous feed disposal enables you to add disposable items without any hesitation. It features a multi-grind technology that helps grind food particles through a two-stage system. This model has a sound buffering system to decrease the noise by up to 40%. Cons: The collar that minimizes the noise also makes it hard to feed the food waste. Sebring Tip:
The KitchenAid Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal comes with a 3/4 HP motor enabling the proficient cutting framework. KitchenAid employed both the SoundSeal and MultiGrind innovation in this model.
Particularly, the speed that the 3/4 HP motor offers is 1,725 rpm. Nonetheless, it could be a quieter unit when in operation as a result of the SoundSeal innovation employed.
Further, there are two stages utilized for the feed and grinding method, which makes chambers to keep the noise down. Moreover, the disposal is a 40-ounce model, making it equipped for taking care of a bigger measure of food waste without jamming up under general conditions.
However, the model doesn’t deal with tougher stems and other harder things, just as one might expect. All in all, you must put a little care with what is fed through it to prevent unforeseen issues.
If you are wondering who makes the best garbage disposal, the InSinkErator is on our top list. In fact, it is the longest-running garbage disposal company in existence. Since establishment, they have consistently improved their product, and the InSinkErator Excel Evolution is not an exemption. Ultimately, this model is the clear winner in the above-mentioned garbage disposals.
The 1 HP Dura-Drive motor comes complete with MultiGrind innovation. Also, the three grind stages will guarantee you that it can totally grind any troublesome food that you wouldn’t want to place in any conventional garbage disposal like small bones and vegetable peels.
Besides, the grind chamber can hold up to 40 ounces of food at once. As a matter of fact, that is more space than most garbage disposals are capable of holding. In addition, the Quick Lock Sink Mount enables you to replace most three-bolt mounting assemblies without any trouble. In case you put a lot of food within this garbage disposal, there is a manual reset button. Hence, there’s no compelling reason to stress about overburdening it to the point of breaking.
If you have a budget to spare, please go for InSinkErator Excel Evolution. You will not regret it!
Other Great Articles to Read: BEST TILE POWER SCRUBBER
SUSTAINABLE WALL PAINT SOLUTIONS FOR A HEALTHIER HOME REMODEL
43 CLEVER & CREATIVE CRAFT ROOM IDEAS
Featured Image Source: ELKAY
To view our Amazon Associates Disclaimer, please click here.
The post Best Garbage Disposal Review appeared first on Home Remodeling Contractors | Sebring Design Build.
#ProductReview #GarbageDisposalSystem #WasteDisposal #HomeownerTips