Today’s post is this month’s Funny Friday, a regular feature published on the last Friday of every month. Funny Friday is a collaborative project. Each month one of the participants submits a picture, then we all write 5 captions or thoughts inspired by that month’s picture. Links to the other bloggers’ posts are below, click on them and see what they’ve come up with. I hope we bring a smile to your face as you start your weekend.
Here's today's picture. It was submitted by me.
1. Passenger: Bobby Joe, I think we took a wrong turn somewhere.
Driver: Yeah, looks like we're not in Kansas any more.
2. Driver (to himself): Jeez, when dad said it was a dry season out in the alfalfa fields, he wasn't kidding.
3. Woman on vacation from Iowa walking the beach with her friend: See, Susan, I told you he was stalking me.
NOTE: Although I've said this in jest, stalking, true stalking, is not a joke, it's dangerous. If you need help, reach out and get it.
4. Little child on the second day of his vacation to his mom: See mom, I told you they go out in the morning and hide shells. It's just like Easter eggs.
5. trump (angrily, to his cabinet): I was talking about fires. I said to sweep the forests, not the beaches.
And now for something yummy:
Refrigerator Whipped Peach Pie
Click on the links below and let some other bloggers make you smile:
Spatulas on Parade
Follow Me Home
Refrigerator Whipped Peach Pie ©www.BakingInATornado.com
Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs 1 tsp sugar 4 TBSP butter, melted
2 cups heavy cream 1 package (3 oz) peach jello 1/4 cup peach preserves 1/2 to 3/4 of a peach, pitted, skinned and chopped (can slice the rest for garnish)
Directions: *Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate. *Beat the heavy cream and jello granules until soft peaks form. While that is beating, whisk together the peach preserves and 1 TBSP water until smooth. *Add the peach preserves to the heavy cream and beat until stiff peaks hold. Remove about 1/3 of a cup of the whipped cream, seal in a sandwich bag and store in the fridge for the garnish.
*Gently fold the chopped peach into the remaining whipped cream. *Pour into the crust, smooth so it's even and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with reserved whipped cream and/or peach slices if desired. #FunnyFriday #Dessert #BloggingChallenge #Funny #Pie