If I could eat Mexican food every night I would. This healthy low carb combination combines some of my favourite flavours- orange, chilli, cumin and lime. Brightens up a frosty November night.
- 300g Turkey Breast steaks, sliced into strips
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 large red onion
- 1 heaped tsp chilli powder
- 1 heaped tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos, tamari or soy sauce
- finely grated zest of 3/4 of an orange and the juice from the whole orange
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- Fresh coriander
- Salt & freshly ground black Pepper
- Optional Microwavable Mexican Rice & salad
- Combine the olive oil, chilli powder, cumin, coconut aminos, orange zest, orange juice and a sprinkle of salt & pepper in a bowl and add the turkey strips to marinade for at least 15 mins.
- Slice the peppers into strips and finely slice the onion. Season with salt & pepper. Fry for a couple of minutes until slightly softened.
- Add the turkey strips to the pan with all the marinade. Stir Fry for 4-5 minutes until turkey is no longer pink.
- De-stone the avocado and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Grate in the zest of a lime and a little finely chopped coriander. Squeeze in the juice of half the lime and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the Fajita Turkey with the Zesty Guacamole on the side, some microwavable Mexican rice and salad.