Adapted from My Latina Table and also salsa
Authentic Mexican Salsa Verde Ingredients:
- 5 Tomatillos
- 1/4 – 1/2 bunch fresh Cilantro finely chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/4 Onion
- Jalapenos, 1 (less spicy, could have handled more!)
- Salt to taste
- Olive Oil
Salsa Verde Directions:
- Slowly saute the tomatillos, the onion, and the jalapenos in a preheated frying pan with some olive oil for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add the garlic cloves and continue cooking until the tomatillos are slightly browned.
- Remove from the heat and blend the ingredients with the cilantro and salt in a blender.
For the Fish Marinade:
- 2 pounds of tilapia or other similar fish (we used 3/4 lbs. cod)
- Juice from 1 lime (lemon)
- 1 teaspoon of the following: garlic powder black pepper, salt, cumin, onion powder
For the purple cole slow:
- 1/2 purple cabbage cut into thin slices (green)
- Chopped Cilantro
- 1/4 white onion chopped
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Marinate the tilapia fish with all of the marinade ingredients for at least 25 minutes.
- Once fully marinated, place in the center of a large pan, and fry a few minutes on each side, until the meat separates into chunks.
- For the Purple Cole Slaw, Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl, and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- For the guacamole, follow this recipe.
- To Form the Tacos, Cut the cooked fish into smaller pieces and add to the previously warmed tortillas, followed by the purple cole slaw, the guacamole, Goya black bean soup, sour cream, and the salsa verde.
Breakfast tacos were made for the morning after, but with scrambled eggs instead of fish! The green salsa verde was surprisingly easy and quick!
Leave a comment