Since mother nature decided to throw up all over my yard, we are spending more time indoors. That means more art projects, more baking, and a need to get organized. As I got through the kitchen, I am realizing I have a bunch of gadgets. I have my panini maker, a Ninja Blender set, my mixers, the slow cookers, the deep fryer, the InstaPot and even a quesadilla maker.
Mmmmmm quesadillas. Most people would think that we dont use outquesadilla makervery often, but you would be surprised. Quesadillas make great after school snacks. They also provide easy meals while I am at work, or while the family is on the go; heading out hunting or to band practice for example.
My favorite quesadilla is loaded with Mexican Cheese Dip. grilled chicken, bacon, and jalapenos. I top it with my favorite salsa. My husband adds guacamole and sour cream as well.
Grande Chicken Quesadilla
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 TBSP Mexican cheese dip (found near the deli at your grocery store)
- 2 slices of crispy bacon
- 2 TBSP sliced jalapenos
- 1/2 c shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 6 oz grilled chicken breasts
- sour cream
- Use the olive oil to grease your quesadilla maker. Place one flour tortilla on the bottom heating surface.
- Spread the cheese dip over the visible side of the tortilla. Top with 1/2 of the Colby Jack cheese. Now add bacon, jalapenos and grilled chicken.
- Cover your meat and peppers with the remaining Colby Jack Cheese. Place the 2nd flour tortilla on top of the cheese.
- Close the quesadilla maker, and allow it to your meal for about 5 minutes. (Check your owners manual to verify cooking times)
- Remove your quesadilla to a plate. Cut into wedges with a pizza cutter. Serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
Do you have any fun and random kitchen gadgets? What are your favorite recipes to make with them? Let me know the answers in the comments.
Have a delicious day.