Everybody loves a good bread toast. It is one of those items that never goes out of fashion. My family enjoys a well made toast with loads of butter or ghee. Another variant that we all love is a well buttered garlic toast. I remember, it was one of the earliest bread recipes that I had shared with all of you. If you haven't tried that recipe yet, don't delay it further. Relish it now!
With taste buds changing to healthier alternatives, my daughter and myself have started enjoying olive oil toasted sour dough bread a lot in the recent past. I usually brush the sliced sour dough bread with olive oil and toast them on a grill pan. So tasty😋.
Another must try recipe is the Guacamole toast, made with Avocados. I am going to be sharing the recipe below. Do try it and give me your feedback.
Avocado is the primary ingredient for making Guacamole. Avocados is a nutritious vegetable. It used to be a rarity to find Avocado in our local vegetable shop/grocery store till about a couple of years ago. Now, local varieties of avocado is available at reasonable prices. So, I buy them regularly on demand from my younger one, since she loves it so much.
For those of you who haven't tried avocado yet, this is a recipe to start experiencing it. I made basic guacamole using one avocado and topped the toast with strips of coloured bell peppers and cottage cheese. If you are vegan, you can use tofu strips. You can also use regular white bread or wheat bread to make this recipe. Also, add vegetables of your choice for the topping.
The Guacamole Toast is so wholesome and tasty ! It is also a healthy and delicious office or school lunch box idea.
Guacamole Toast by Masterchefmom
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
For the Guacamole Spread:
juice of 1-2 lemons( adjust according to the size of the avocado and the tartness you prefer)
black pepper or white pepper( coarsely crushed)
regular or sea salt
1 tablespoon Olive oil
sour dough bread
Garnish ( optional):
coloured bell peppers
cottage cheese/paneer or tofu
cherry tomatoes ( halved) or regular tomatoes (thinly sliced)
1. To make the guacamole, cut the avocado into half. Remove the seed and using a spoon, scoop out the pulp into a bowl. You can check out my recipe video here.
2. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice, salt and pepper and using a fork, mash them together . Taste and adjust salt.
3. Brush the sour dough bread with olive oil and toast them in a olive oil greased grill pan or tava till they are crisp and well browned on both sides.
4. Remove and spread the guacamole on each toast and top them with the bell peppers, tomatoes, olives, basil leaves and paneer.
Chef tip : You can use vegetables and herbs of your choice for garnish.
5. Drizzle with more olive oil on the top, sprinkle salt .
Your gorgeous looking and amazingly tasty Guacamole Toast is now ready to be served !
Do try out the recipe and share your feedback with me.