These Instant Pot Sriracha Chicken Tacos are a fast, healthy meal idea made in the pressure cooker and served with a delicious mango and avocado salsa!
Ingredients in sriracha chicken
These sriracha chicken tacos are super easy to make, and the ingredient list is pretty short too! Here's what you need:
- Chicken breasts
- Sriracha hot sauce
- Lime juice
- Corn tortillas
- Veggies to make your salsa
You can sub in a few ingredients if you need to. Here's what you have some flexibility with:
- Use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts
- You can use any type of chili garlic sauce instead of sriracha. You can also try making your own homemade sriracha sauce
- Instead of honey, you can use white or brown sugar
- You can use any type of tortilla that you prefer for tacos
- Veggies are also an easy thing to substitute! If you can't make the mango salsa, try using store bought salsa, onion and lettuce. Sour cream and guacamole are also great toppings for these tacos
How to make Instant Pot tacos
Crazy busy weeknights, meet Instant Pot Sriracha Chicken Tacos.
These tacos are seriously the bomb.com, and they come together with just a few simple ingredients and one delicious, colourful salsa. Here's how you make them:
- Add chicken and water to your Instant Pot, then cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Make your mango salsa and/or prep your toppings while the chicken is cooking.
- Do a quick release of the pressure, then drain the water from the Instant Pot, shred the chicken and add it back to the pot.
- Toss the chicken with sriracha, honey and salt.
- Serve chicken over tortillas and with salsa/toppings of choice. Serve and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions
What tortillas to use
I also think the key to AMAZING tacos is using corn tortillas.
They're much harder to find in your normal grocery store than most flour tortillas but the flavour is totally worth it, and they're much lower in calories than the flour kind. I'll see corn tortillas at my local grocery store from time to time in the bakery or Mexican foods section and pick up a whole pile and freeze them all at once. From there they are super handy to pull out of the freezer and microwave to use fresh.
How to make these tacos less spicy
If you'd like to make these tacos less spicy, you can cut the sriracha in half and sub in ketchup for the other half.
What does Sriracha taste like?
Sriracha is a spicy, Asian-style chili sauce that is reminiscent of a very spicy ketchup. It brings a delicious flavour to tacos!
Making the mango salsa
The mango salsa is probably one of the best parts of this recipe and can be made ahead of time too. All you need to do is dice up some fresh mango, add red onions, lime juice, cilantro and salt – I added in cherry tomatoes then topped these Instant Pot Sriracha Chicken Tacos with some avocado and extra cilantro, but you can make other sub-ins like red cabbage, bell peppers and more as you have them.
That's one of the best parts of taco night: you can literally use ANY veggie! As long as you've got some delicious sauce and some sort of salsa, you're good!
Storing and reheating
You can store the leftover chicken and taco toppings in the fridge up to 5 days. Sprinkle some water overtop and reheat the chicken in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, then add your toppings fresh.
Freezing the pulled chicken
You can freeze the cooked seasoned chicken in a glass container or freezer bag for up to 3 months. To reheat, defrost the chicken in the fridge overnight, then reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Make sure to sprinkle some water overtop before reheating and/or add more sriracha to avoid the chicken drying out.
More easy taco recipes
- Instant Pot cilantro lime chicken tacos
- Instant Pot chicken tinga tacos
- Crockpot chicken tacos with pineapple salsa
Meal prep tools
- The Instant Pot DUO Plus 60 is the version I use in this recipe
- Order extra sriracha here
- Get your square glass meal prep bowls here for your leftovers
- I get all my free-range chicken breasts from Butcher Box
Instant Pot Sriracha Chicken Tacos
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 corn or mini flour tortillas, microwaved 20 seconds
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
Add chicken and water to Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 3-6 minutes (the larger the breast, the longer the cook time). Instant Pot will take about 10-15 minutes to pre-heat and then the 3 minutes to cook. When complete, press cancel and do a quick release of the steam, waiting until the pressure gauge drops back down and the lid is safe to open.
Meanwhile, mix all ingredients for mango salsa together.
Remove chicken from Instant Pot and let cool slightly before shredding. Add back into Instant Pot after draining water. Toss chicken with sriracha, honey and salt, mixing well. Add chicken to tortillas, then top with mango salsa and serve!