Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Cups are awesome. No kidding. These delicious miniature pizzas have those delicious Philly Cheesesteak features you enjoy in a submarine sandwich, but in a pizza cup instead. I put refrigerated biscuits in muffin tins and then layered a beef, bell pepper, mushroom and onion topping over top. Provolone cheese strips are added on top for an amazing cheesy deliciousness that will knock your socks off!
Follow Me On Instagram!
Back in December our old community group had a Christmas party where we each brought “meal-type appetizers” and played Bunco afterwards. What a night of fun that was. I made up a couple of batches of these Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Cups. They were very well received. There was so much food there that night and I think all of us sampled a little bit of everything.
Our hostess wanted us to bring heavy duty appetizers – not just some chips and dip out of a can. There was everything from homemade spring rolls to pigs in a blanket with mustard sauce to miniature quiches and everything in between. My favorite thing was a praline and cheese ball type appetizer that was just mouthwatering. I think everyone brought at least two things (I brought three) so there was ample food for everyone.
Along with the Pizza Cups, I brought a Chipped Beef Dip and crackers along with my favorite Guacamole recipe. Texans love their Guacamole and it was the first thing gone!
Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Cups are perfect for tailgating parties, quick dinner ideas for busy weekends and especially big events like the Super Bowl, Final 4, Stanley Cup Finals, World Series or whatever sport you’re interested in.
If you’re looking for a substantial, hearty and filling appetizer for any potluck or party, Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Cups are outstanding. Everyone will want seconds.
Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Cups are absolutely heavenly.
This is a superb appetizer for tailgating parties.
Every bite will knock your socks off!
These miniature pizzas are absolutely mouthwatering.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Place olive oil in a large skillet over low to medium heat. Add mushrooms, bell peppers, onions and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Stir to combine.
Saute a few minutes until peppers and mushrooms are tender. Set aside.
Place steak-umm’s in skillet and saute on each side about 3 minutes.
Turn steaks over and cook both sides.
Stack the meat on a plate after cooking. Then cut the steak meat down into strips.
Stir the meat and vegetables together to combine.
Place the refrigerated biscuits in muffin tins.
Spoon the beef, mushroom and bell pepper mixture into the biscuits.
Slice provolone cheese down into thin strips (or use a grater and grate).
Place provolone cheese over top of the meat and bell peppers.
Bake at 400 degrees about 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are done.
Remove pizza cups from individual muffin tins to a serving platter.
Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Cups are terrific for the Super Bowl or March Madness.
These delicious mini pizzas are great weekend snacks or dinner especially if you’re short on time and need something quick.
Philly Cheesesteak tastes so well as miniature pizzas.
This meaty and cheesy appetizer is great for holiday entertaining too.
Here’s the recipe.
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK PIZZA CUPS
(My own concoction)
Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Cups
- 3 muffin tins you need a total of 30 muffin tins
- 1 large skillet to fry steak-umms and veggies
- 1 sharp knife to cut vegetables
- 1 grater to grate the cheese
- 1 lb. pkg. beef steak-umms
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 large green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms washed and sliced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil or as needed
- 16 oz. provolone cheese shredded
- 3 tubes refrigerated biscuits
- Place one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add onions, peppers, mushrooms and garlic and sauté until veggies are softened, about 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper while cooking.
- Place remaining tablespoon olive oil in another large skillet.
- Sauté beef until beef cooks through—about one minute on each side.
- Remove from skillet; drain on paper towels.
- Cut into strips.
- Combine beef with veggies.
- Press biscuits into muffin cups.
- Spoon a couple of tablespoonfuls of cheesesteak mixture into each biscuit.
- Top with a tablespoon or two of shredded provolone cheese.
- Bake at 400º for about 15-20 minutes, or until done.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen
If you enjoy Philly Cheesesteak subs, you’ll love that combination in pizza form.
We loved the way these amazing appetizers turned out.
Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Cups are great finger food for any appetizer party.
Every bite will rock your world.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
Leave a comment