In today's post, I'll share our favorite recipe for Fish Tacos that uses Pacific Cod from the Wild Alaskan Company. As Texans, we have high expectations for tacos. The most critical components are a good recipe, high quality fish, and fresh produce. We hope that you enjoy our recipe below. You may even find ways to create variations of it that are customized to your family!
Let's start by sharing a $15 off coupon from Wild Alaskan Company. We love the Wild Alaskan Company that offers high quality fish in portion-perfect packaging. This company is run by a 3rd generation fisherman and entrepreneur. He was born and raised in Alaska and grew up on the back deck of his family's commercial fishing boat. He is the son of a commercial fisherman and the grandson of a commercial fisherman. If you read his story, it's very interesting because I could taste the difference in the seafood that was shipped to us from Wild Alaskan Company, but I didn't know why it tasted so much better. I didn't realize that the majority of seafood comes overseas and some of it is even from fish farms. I also didn't realize that seafood fraud was a thing and that there have been studies to check the DNA of seafood in the market to look for such a thing! Read about it here. The story was so interesting and makes me look at seafood differently now.
The Wild Alaskan Company offers three different subscriptions:
- Wild Salmon Box with featuring 6-ounce portions of wild salmon — such as sockeye and coho
- Wild Combo Box with an assortment of portion sizes, cuts and species of wild salmon and wild white fish.
- Wild White Fish Box with an assortment of portion sizes, cuts and species of wild white fish — such as halibut and cod.
Personally, we recently received the Wild Combo Box and were thrilled. It arrived with dry ice and each serving of fish was individually packaged so that it was easy to put some in the freezer and refrigerator.
Here is another view of the fish that we received. I really liked the assortment of high quality fish. I'm a big fan of variety, so this was a dream box. Personally, we are located in Texas where we are required to shelter in place, so this box arrived at the perfect time when we are making most of our meals at home. The variety is especially appreciated since we look forward to our home cooked meals together!
Now that I shared background about our seafood order, let me share a recipe that our family loves. The recipe is easy to modify to your own preferences based on the fresh produce that you happen to have on hand.
Recipe: Pacific Cod Fish Tacos
- Two 6-ounce packages of Wild Alaskan Company Pacific Cod
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive oil
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 teaspoon of Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon of Cumin
- 1 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 6 tortillas
- Optional: We recommend adding mashed avocado, cilantro, sliced peppers, slaw, and any other fresh veggies that you enjoy on your fish tacos
- Optional: Ranch dressing as a topping after the tacos are assembled
- Optional: Lime slices for garnish
1. Create the marinade by mixing the olive oil, lime juice, smoked paprika, cumin, red pepper, black pepper, and salt.
2. Chop the Wild Alaskan Company Pacific Cod into small pieces for the tacos. Add these to the marinade and then marinate in the refrigerator for approximately 4 hours.
3. Spray a pan with cooking spray and then cook the Wild Alaskan Company Pacific Cod until throughly cooked.
4. Heat up the individual tacos and then remove them from the heat.
5. Add the Wild Alaskan Company Pacific Cod to each taco. Add your favorite veggies, guacamole, and the optional Ranch dressing.
6. Allow to cool slightly and serve while fresh!
We hope that you enjoyed this recipe and that you also take the opportunity to use the coupon for Wild Alaskan Company!