The Sunday Paper Dinner Table: We here at The Sunday Paper believe in the power of meaningful conversations around the table as a foundation in building a more caring, kinder and compassionate world. We want to inspire you and encourage you to gather virtually at your tables, open your hearts, and open your minds each and every week with the help of our Meaningful Conversation Starter and suggested recipe. Then report back to us and tell us about the experience. Cheers!
Meaningful Conversation Starter
How will you be celebrating the Fourth of July?
PREP: 20 minutes
COOL: 6 hours
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons (7 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups (about 9 ounces) strawberries, hulled and cut into ¼-inch dice (about 1½ cups), plus whole strawberries, for garnish (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Graham Cracker Crust (page 25)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the condensed milk and lemon juice, then stir in the diced strawberries.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, mix the heavy cream, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar on a low speed for 30 seconds. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Add the whipped cream to the bowl with the condensed milk mixture, and gently fold it in. The consistency will resemble a thick pudding. Pour the pie filling into the crust.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours or up to overnight. Garnish with strawberries, if desired.
- Remove from the freezer and serve immediately.
- Store, covered, in the freezer for up to 5 days.
Makes one 9-inch pie
From Magnolia Table, Volume 2 by Joanna Gaines. Copyright © 2020 by Joanna Gaines. Reprinted by permission of William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.
This recipe was featured in the June 28th edition of The Sunday Paper. The Sunday Paper inspires hearts and minds to rise above the noise. To get The Sunday Paper delivered to your inbox each Sunday morning for free, click here to subscribe.
The post Sunday Paper Dinner Table: Pea-Feta Guacamole (‘PFG’) appeared first on Maria Shriver.