2lbs of ground beef
1/2 cup grated OR finely diced onions
1/2 cup of grated or finely diced jalapeo
Salt/pepper to taste
Corn tortillas (amount depends on how many total you will eat)
1 can of refried beans
Shredded lettuce (optional)
Shredded cheese (optional)
Diced tomatoes (optional)
Any other toppings you love Jalapeos, sour cream, guacamole
- Brown ground beef with onions and jalapeos in it. Drain off grease and season with salt/pepper to liking. Set aside. ( I grated my onion and jalapeo so chunks werent in the meat and my kids would eat it )
- Pour just enough oil in a pan to cover a tortilla. It doesnt take a lot as of you are frying chicken nuggets or something of the sorts. *See photo below*
- Heat up oil on medium and once its hot enough, place a tortilla in the grease. It doesnt take but maybe 3-4 minutes to get both sides crispy. You will want to flip the tortilla when you notice the bottom half getting crispy.
- While frying up your tortillas, put about a 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a pot and heat up. Once it is heated, dump in your refried beans. The oil helps keep the beans from sticking to your pot. Heating the beans up usually only takes about 5 minutes on medium heat and be sure to stir occasionally.
- Layer your tostadas with beans first so the meat will stick to them and help hold the ingredients on. I usually layer beans, meat, shredded cheese, lettuce, a little bit more cheese, and tomatoes.