Hello, we meet again! :)
I am here to share a favorite thing of mine (and possibly yours too!). Chipotle Bowls but they are healthyfied and upgraded.
Why upgraded you may ask?Well, a couple reasons:
First, I try to avoid excess salt and not-so-good oils majority of the time.
Second, I stopped eating many grains (like rice) and beans majority of the time and getting a bowl without that is OKAY, but still feels like its missing something.
Third, I prefer to eat vegetables that are organic as often as possible to avoid chemicals that are on regular / conventional produce.
And lastly, just the fact that I love cooking at home cause its cheaper and I love having meal prepped leftovers is another reason. :)
Dont get me wrong, I love a good made-for-me Chipotle Bowl every once in a while and I still go here are there, but this one hits the spot when you want to upgrade your meal a bit and have it prepped for a work week lunch or quick dinner.
So if youre looking for a yummy Upgraded Bowl, here you go! Its a great thing to prep and have ready for lunches or a quick dinner to heat up. I shared details on my Instagram Stories to get more of an idea of how I put everything together saved under ChipotleBowl if this blog doesnt explain it well enough! (@ryacobozzi on Insta).
Hope you love it as much as I do. :)
P.S I do my best to buy the cleanest ingredients when cooking at home (when I am able to). So for this recipe, I bought organic/free range chicken thighs, organic (or pesticide free) vegetables and organic salsa with no added sugar or oils.If you have any questions on ingredients or brands I used, I will happily share.:)
Avocado Oil/Coconut Oil/Ghee (I used Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray)
1 pound Organic Free Range Chicken Thighs
1 Red Onion
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 bag Cauliflower Rice (I used Sprouts brand that only has Cauliflower in the ingredients)
2 3 Leaves of Lettuce
Salsa (Naked Infusions brand)
Spices I used for Chicken:
Spices I used for Cauliflower Rice:
Salsa / Pico De Gallo
Whatever else you like on a yummy Bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Cover Cookie Sheet Pan with Oil
3. Chop Onion and Red Pepper thinly and put on half of the pan.
4. Cover Chicken Thighs with Spices of choice and put on the other half of the pan (photos below for example)
5. Put in heated over for 25 30 minutes (until chicken is cooked through).
6. While chicken and veggies are cooking, chop lettuce and make whatever toppings you want (guacamole, salsa, pico de gallo ect.)
7. Flip chicken halfway through and also flip around the onions & peppers so they get evenly cooked.
8. After chicken is cooked through, I like to put it on broil for about 5 10 minutes to make it a little more crispy (watch carefully so it doesnt burn if you do this step!)
9. While chicken is broiling, heat small pan over low/medium heat on stove, add avocado oil spray and cook Cauliflower Rice for about 5 minutes till warm and no longer frozen. Add spices, stir and then set aside.
10. Once chicken, onions & peppers are done take out of oven and turn it off.
11. Assemble bowl as you please and happily store leftovers for a yummy leftover meal!